I've never been much for big social events. But, there's little I enjoy more than spending some time with one, or a small group, or friends. Getting outside, being active, and having good conversations are a great energy booster and seem to make the day fly by. After a few days of being stuck inside alone (with Abbie) due to hot temps and rain, I was so glad to get out yesterday and have some fun.
I spent the morning with Laura G and Kaylee playing at the pool and socializing over lunch. Then, I took a nice walk with Andrea on the Tobacco Trail with our girls in tow. This was especially good, because I had spent the last day in a semi-depressed state after finding out that my favorite trainer/instructor at the gym is leaving. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself, but having some time to get outside and socialize was a huge stress reliever.
I think it's good for Abbie, too. I've been trying to get her into more social settings this summer, including going to the library 1-2 times/wk, playing a Monkey Joe's (an indoor moon walk playground), trying free intro classes at various kids' establishments, and playing with friends. It's amazing to see the transformation in her as we've done this more. She started out extremely shy and clingy, but is now breaking out of her shell and doing more with others, without her mommy. She's still a bigtime momma's girl, but I'm glad to see her developing more social skills. Perhaps one day she'll even accept spending an hour in a kid-watch or nursery again.
Here's Abbie with her BFF, Kaylee at the pool. The girls were being so cute. Of course, when I went for the camera, they started to do their own thing again, but I got a few good shots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment