For the past several weeks, I've been easing back into the gym routine. The weight has been sort of falling off on its own (thank goodness!), but has slowed down recently. I still have about 14 pounds to go, which I guess isn't so bad considering I was on bedrest for 15 weeks. So, a few weeks ago I started with little 30-minute trips to the gym a couple times a week, and after my 6-week check-up, I ventured into two of Leigh Ann's spin classes.
Well, this morning I worked out with Leigh Ann one-on-one... Let me just tell you, I feel fabulous! Yes, she kicked my butt REALLY hard, but it was fun and exciting to get back into feeling active again. We did circuits in the weight room, interspersed with cycling (there are always sprints when you cycle with Leigh Ann), and lots of core work. I was dripping sweat like crazy! And, although my leg muscles almost gave out as I carried Abbie downstairs post-workout, I am still reeling from the endorphins and very excited to go back and do it again. Amazing what a creative workout and a little push can do for a person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment