Sometimes Abbie says some pretty silly stuff and I try to play along. Sometimes she talks about completely uninteresting nonsense, and I pretend to find it interesting. Conversations of such often go something like this:
ABBIE: "Mommy, I'm went to a fair, and I saw the tree and it grew into the ground and the prince came and rescued me in a tower and I sang a song that I'm going to be a giant princesses cahinky fairy." (Most likely, I didn't understand the last line.)
ME: "A cahinky fairy?!? Oh my goodness!"
Today, I got my payback. The conversation went something like this:
ABBIE: "Mommy, what are you doing?"
ME: "I'm making photocopies of these recipes so I can put them in my recipe box."
ABBIE: "Recipes?!? Oh my goodness!"
I just had to laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's always a surprise to hear your own words coming out of your child's mouth!
Post a Comment