Sunday, March 3, 2013

I hate phone companies

The number of hours of my life - really even just the past 10 years - I have spent on the PHONE (ugh!) with phone COMPANIES is sickening.  I hate them all.  They are swindlers.  They refuse to disclose exact charges.  They sneak in charges when they think you're not looking.  You have to continuously call back, talk to a computer, then 3 different reps, to try to get a decent rate every few months because they are constantly changing.  They make up stupid rules about why you could have a discount on certain parts of one plan, but when you switch plans, you suddenly can't have the equivalent discounts that they promised you would still exist. 
I feel bad for the customer service reps.  I've tried to learn to be very compassionate with them, because I've admittedly been rude to some in the past.  It's really not their fault.  It's their companies' fault.  I hate their companies.  Let's all go back to the good old days where people talked from their front porches and on the sidewalks in their small towns.  I never lived that life, actually, but it sure sounds better than the junk we deal with these days!

No comments: