Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hiking at the Eno

Sunday morning, we set out with the plan of going for an easy hike in the Eno River State Park.  Since we were going to be carrying Abbie, and Tony was still sore from his 12-mile run on Saturday, I picked out a fairly flat, short trail that looped so that we could decide how much we wanted to do as we went.  Well, once we got out there, I was inspired by the sign to walk to the swimming hole, and we turned that way instead.  I didn't take into account that this would require a greater incline on the return, so we ended up having a bit more of a "hiking" experience after all!
We ate lunch down at the swimming hole and watched older kids play with their parents.  Abbie walked around a bit, then we headed home.
I carried Abbie for the 1st half, but Tony got to carry her uphill on the return.
I did almost forget to mention the best part of the day, though.  On our drive to the state park, Abbie fell asleep in the car and took a pretty decent nap.  This afforded us time to stop by Harris Teeter and get the most amazing fresh-made sushi for second breakfast.  It was the absolute BEST sushi rolls I've ever had!  YUMMY!

1 comment:

TAV said...

I remember that park! I bet Abbie is a heavy one!