2017 brings some new/cleaner stuff that are helping us feel like we are starting fresh:
- New cutting board- New non-stick frying pan
- New hair towels
- New bar in the basement
- New washing machine (you know, because the potentially exploding one was recalled)
- Clean oven (never mind that the dip I baked right after cleaning overflowed)
- New car (OK, this was NOT planned. It really added to our stress at the end of 2016, but now that it's here, it's nice to have.)
- I also frantically cleaned the house on New Year's Eve, which felt great for about 12 hours. Then, it got trashed again, you know, because we LIVE here. Oh well. Guess I have to accept that this chore is not going to disappear in 2017.
With the turn of the new year, our family is hoping to improve our lives and find happiness in more things. It's traditional for people to make New Year's Resolutions. I'm a realist, however. I don't like the term "resolution," because it seems so absolute to me. It leaves no wiggle room. That's good for some people, but I don't like to lie to myself, and I don't like to fail. So, I prefer to make goals. We're human. Imperfect. A work in progress. I can't promise that I'm going to flip a switch and be perfect in some area of my life because I swore to it on New Year's Day. But, I can make goals towards a better me, as can my family. So here are our family's 2017 goals. This makes them official! ;-)
Laura
- Plan ahead each week.
- Try not to overcommit.
- Make time for myself and for extra rest. Read novels.
- Drink more water.
Tony
- Be in bed by 10:30pm.
- No caffeine after 5pm.
- Stick to a workout routine.
- Do a good job with YGuides.
- Schedule monthly dates with Laura.
- Practice sports with Jason.
- Stick to my calendar.
Abbie
- Work more efficiently (stay focused, get it done on time).
- Play piano a lot and get to a higher level.
Jason
- Be kind.
- Try my best.
- Sit well at the dining table.
1 comment:
This is great! I'm so glad 2016 is behind us. Tasks completed so far: weaning the kiddo and got him out of diapers! I also don't like to fail and generally don't make resolutions. I'd love to hear of any good novel suggestions you have!
I recently read "Small Great Things" and loved it-- think you would, too!
Here's to the future (2020 is less far off, now!)
xoxo, Tara
Post a Comment