Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's 3am and I'm awake

The past week has been plagued with lack of sleep.  It's wearing on me.  Since last Thursday, Jason has had just one night of good sleep without waking up before the crack of dawn.  This occurred after several rough nights, and probably just out of total exhaustion.  I originally chalked the whole thing up to a little bug I think he had.  But now I think he's over the bug... I think... And he is still having trouble sleeping.  Namely, the last nights, he has been pooping in his sleep, which is uncomfortable and causes him to wake up upset.  Many of these nights/days, he has been getting up at 5:00am or 5:30am to start the day.  Tonight, he woke around 1:15am, and has been a little restless since then.   I changed his diaper at the first waking, and have been awake myself ever since.
On top of Jason's early wake up calls, Abbie has come to get me 3 nights in a row, sometimes multiple times per night.  It was so bad that I made her vow at bedtime tonight (last evening) to stay in bed.  She repeated after me: "I promise to stay in bed and not come wake you up."  So far so good on that one!
So now it's 3:20am, and I have added to my packing list (we're going out of town this afternoon- another reason to be frustrated with this sleeplessness), googled every problem I feel like my kids have (did you know that coconut oil can be used to cure keratosis pilaris?), drunk chocolate milk, and now I guess I'll go scroll through Facebook.  Maybe the tales of my friends' lives will help me go to sleep.  Unlikely, but worth a try.

1 comment:

TAV said...

Ha ha. You can call me!! With my horrible schedule I probably will be awake. Too!!