I attempted to pull the "it's my birthday month" card, but Tony didn't go for it, so it is now officially my "birthday week". My actual birthday is Tuesday, but the celebrating starts today (Sunday) with homemade donuts. I found an easy (semi-homemade) recipe online, and here are the delicious results:
 |
| Prepping... glaze, icing, sprinkles! |
 |
| getting ready to fry... |
 |
| this is so easy! :) |
 |
| The best part: letting the kids decorate |
 |
| my sneaky girl, getting as much icing as she can! |
 |
| "all done" |
 |
| so proud of his creation! |
 |
| again... the sneaky one! |
 |
| CAUGHT! |
 |
| Final products |
 |
| Jason did NOT want his donut on the platter. He insisted on putting it on his breakfast plate right away. |
 |
| Tony's disappeared TOO fast! |
This was by far the easiest creative project I've done with the family. Canned biscuits, fried up in oil, frosted with glaze and cinnamon sugar. And they were SOOOOO good! I think we may do this for Jason's birthday party, too!
1 comment:
um, YUM!!! Looks like a blast- wish I could've been there
Post a Comment