Monday, April 1, 2013

We've been to the zoo zoo zoo

(Please tell me you know this song!)

Abbie and I went to the zoo today.  Apparently, it was a popular idea.  According to this article, 15,000 other people went today, too!  I noticed it getting more and more crowded as the day went on, but didn't realize how busy it really was until we saw the streets lined with parked cars as we exited the zoo.  They were beyond overflow parking by the time we headed out around 3pm.

We had a good time, nonetheless.  Abbie was very patient with waiting in line at a few places, and she enjoyed seeing the sights.  I must say, though, I think her favorite part was the moreso the sculptures of the vairous animals rather than the animals themselves! 

Abbie wore her new dress that her grandpa picked out, and I thought it was super cute, so I took lots of pictures of her today.













The whole point of doing the zoo trip today (besides the beautiful weather and awesome quality time with my girl) was to make sure I wore Abbie out enough that she would nap on the way home and be able to stay up late enough to come to the first half of choir rehearsal with me.  And she did.  And she behaved beautifully, and I think even enjoyed the rehearsal!  Sweet girl is asleep in bed now, as I will soon be, too!

No comments: