Sorry, I'm really not trying to be a complainer here. But, the blog is here to write about my life, and this is just how I'm feeling right now. The trials of my 3.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old are challenging beyond what I think I'm capable of. It's making me question my decision to stay at home as I feel helpless, defeated, and alone. Power struggles abound, complete with huge tantrums. There is crying every day, often from all three of us. Most outings end up derailed, making me not even want to TRY to have fun with the kids. While my goal is not to engage in discourse (it's not a war unless both parties are fighting, right?), it is still hard to want to keep trying when my efforts are met with such opposition. With Jason, it's really just a little here and there, but Abbie - my SWEET Abbie - is challenging everything in her path in a way that makes me wonder who in the world she IS these days.
I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just can't see it yet. I'm thankful for the time off that Tony gave me last night, and I think I'm going to need more time like that if I'm going to make it through this without falling apart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there, dear!!! Are you sure you don't want one more? :) Thinking of you!
Please know that you are so not alone and I am always here if you need to chat and vent. I completely understand where you are coming from, and I only have one child. xoxo -Deb
Post a Comment