Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just me and Jason

Tony and Abbie have been up in Maryland this week, while Jason and I have been enjoying some time together here at home.  It's amazing how much more I can get done when it's just the two of us!  No real meal planning, no worries about being home at a certain hour (except for naptime), time alone when Jason is napping... it's been pretty awesome.  I do miss Tony and Abbie, of course, but now that the week is coming to a close, I feel like it has gone by too fast and I still have a ton of stuff to do!

While I have enjoyed the solitude and time for myself, I also got a glimpse of the life of a single mom... not so cool.  It makes me value the privileges Tony and I have of relying on each other.  Jason had a double ear infection this week coupled with yucky tummy and poor sleep, and I had to find childcare to be able to go to choir.  I'm actually glad that Abbie wasn't here with Jason feeling bad, because I was able to give him the attention he needed without slighting her, but it was still a larger load to bear with Tony being gone.

In addition to having time to get lots of projects done, I also enjoyed having two playdates with Andrea and Ashley and their kids.  Here's Jason with two of his playmates, Henry and Lila:



Can you believe Jason is 1 week away from being 9 months old??  He's trying to work on his crawling skills, including lurching forward from sitting, rocking on his belly, and trying to army crawl.  He also babbles "dada" and "blahblah" a lot, and love to show off his teeth!


No comments: