Being an over-planner, I hate last-minute confusion and disappointments. The worst is when I can't even control the disaster, but must endure it nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I can handle problems and challenges. But, I just can't stand it when things have been planned so well (or so I think) and they don't work out quite right, and the disaster is essentially out of my control!
Things that currently stress me out:
- Bell Schedule changes imminent on Wednesday and Friday... no word on what they are!
- Music being added to a performance at the last minute... and no one knows it yet (show on Saturday)... and everyone has a different version
- We're about 5 days behind on rehearsal for the musical... and we started short about 1 week of rehearsal to begin with!
- Nobody really knows their music for any of the upcoming performances (there are several)... how do you make a teenager practice on their own time??
- I don't have time to go to the gym... we only have 1 car this week, and I have rehearsals and meetings stacked on top of each other to the point that I can't even PLAN time for the gym!
- Not working out makes me more stressed
- No matter how hard I try, there is no time to celebrate Valentine's Day this week.
Things that keep me sane:
- My planner
- My husband
- My kitty
- My planner
On a lighter note... I just about blew away on my bike ride this weekend. If anyone in NC went outside on Sunday, you know what I'm talking about. The wind was blowing "like 50 miles an hour" according to Laura B. I think she was right! I went out for a ride, and stupidly chose to ride my amazing, new-fandangled, super-light bike. I stopped at a traffic light and as I lifted my water bottle from its cage, a gust of wind blew through, picking up the front end of my bike and practically blowing me over! The most embarrassing part was probably that there were about 15 cars at the intersection watching me look like an idiot blowing in the wind! On the ride home, I had to work to maintain a steady speed cutting into the wind to keep from blowing over on the road. I should have ridden my heavier bike! Next time, I'll know... or maybe I'll just hunker down in the house and pray that the siding doesn't blow off our house (seriously... our neighbors shutters blew off!).
Happy Valentine's Week, everyone. Hope you have time to smell the roses!
1 comment:
i'm sorry you almost blew away!! i fall off my bike even w/o wind, though, if it makes you feel any better (and less stressed). i hope it gets better soon! and planners of the world, unite (i, too, prefer the pen and paper planner over the palm!)
Post a Comment