Punxsutawney Phil said there would be 6 more weeks of winter. That's hard to believe when temperatures swing into the upper 60s every week!
We went for a walk in the woods on Sunday. It was incredibly peaceful. Chirps of what sounded like cicadas filled the air at one point. Being alone (together) in the woods is one of the most quality times we spend together. I'm thankful for the times that we get to spend enjoying nature in each other's company.
Flowers are in bloom! The daffodils that Grandma gave me in the fall have sprouted and a couple have bright yellow flowers. And, our cherry tree has delicate pink flowers appearing! (Thank goodness, because I was afraid it might die like our dogwood tree!)
Being so enamored by nature's beauty in the past two days, I spent a little time reading inspirations about life. These seemed pertinent to us. Perhaps they'll be meaningful to you, as well. (Authors unknown)
"Every morning you are handed 24 golden hours. They are one of the few things in this world that you get free of charge. If you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy an extra hour. What will you do with this priceless treasure? Remember, you must use it, as it is given only once. Once wasted you cannot get it back."
What would you do, if you had 24 hours to enjoy without responsibility?
Laura's answer: Go hiking in the mountains
Add your response in the comments section!
Be Thankful
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If I had 24 hours off, I would sleep. And I must be thankful, b/c I'm often weary! :)
Post a Comment