Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good Tidings We Bring...

This week has been a crazy whirlwind... and it's only Wednesday!

Tony successfully completed Exam #5 out of 6 on Tuesday morning for his CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designation. Now, just one day later, he's already begun studying for the last in the series before his cumulative exam.
"What's better... having 8 million dollars in assets or net worth?"
"I don't know... assets?" (I'm thinking, well assets are always a good thing...)
"Laura, your net worth is your assets MINUS your liabilities."
Duh! I should have known! ... These are the types of conversations we share each evening together on the couch. I know, I know, you're jealous!

In other news, my students gave a great concert to an overflowing house Tuesday evening. It was our "Winter Concert", including traditional repertoire and some holiday favorites. Apparently, people are starting to really believe in what we are doing, because more people seem to come to each concert we do. I chose to do this one in a smaller church, rather than our enormous auditorium, because I wanted the kids to experience good acoustics and to have a chance to perform to a full house. Well, it was full alright! Standing room only! Things were hectic, and I'm very embarrassed that we started 12 minutes late, but what can you do when all the seats are taken and people are still cramming in the doors?

The concert went fairly smoothly once we got started. We had some little mishaps - about 1 student in every group fell getting onto the risers (very unusual for us). But, overall, I felt like the performances of every choir were good. My principal expressed his approval in the work that I'm doing, so I guess all is good!

Only one more day of school (and two performances) left before the holidays! I'm so glad that my life if perpetually on school schedule so that I can enjoy a few days off around Christmas time. We're both looking forward to some family time and getting down to see some friends in Charlotte, as well. Countdown to temporary freedom!

No comments: