Sunday, December 16, 2007

Caroling Caroling now we go...

I went caroling tonight with some of my middle school students. I must say that my advanced MS students are the most incredible group of kids ever! They absolutely love singing -- every single one of them! And, they are (for the most part) extremely well-behaved, and just a fun group of kids. Well, one of my students decided to have a little caroling party tonight, and being that I taught them all of the songs, she invited me along. A few kids backed out due to sickness, cold, and other such nonsense, but we had a cute little group of girls that went around ringing doorbells and spreading holiday cheer. We even went over to the neighborhood clubhouse for a cameo appearance. Sarah Catherine's mom made hot chocolate and cookies for us to eat afterwards, and despite the chill, I think everyone had a great time!

I'm going to try to upload a couple pictures to share... my first attempt on the blog... we'll see how it turns out!



This couple was really excited to hear them sing. The man even complemented them on singing in harmony!

This family asked for an encore!



Nearing the end of our journey. The girls were getting cold, but still smiling!

Apparently a number of homeowners have been lamenting the fact that people don't go out caroling anymore. Everyone is so absorbed in their own busy lives that we forget to take time out to spread cheer with our neighbors. So, if you can carry a tune, I challenge you to grab a couple of your friends or family and knock on a few doors to sing a carol or two. I bet you'll be surprised at the pleasant response you receive, and the world will be a better place because of you! I'm so proud of my students for taking the initiative on this one!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

2 comments:

TAV said...

you are getting yourself in trouble. i am known to be a frequent commenter. :)
glad you had a fun time! maybe i'll have time to go caroling (from room to room at the VA if all else fails :)) this holiday season. merry xmas! :0

Anonymous said...

found you from tara's blog- now we need a good bio post!