Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow, round #2

After last week's icy snow event, I felt a bit dissatisfied.  I wanted a decent snow, not just ice this year.  I really was sure that we were going to have a snowy winter, and I felt a little cheated.  So, I wished for more snow before March.  Serves me right!  Today, it started snowing before 7am, and in Cary if continued until about 6pm.  We only got about 1.5-2 inches, but it was beautiful.  The only thing that wasn't beautiful was the traffic havoc trying to get Abbie to school (yes, she goes to a school that rarely cancels for weather, which I do appreciate... except today when we spent a LOOOONNG time in the car, crawling down Hwy 55).

We spent most of the day inside, as I was determined to get several little house projects done.  But around 5pm, I convinced the family to go out for a snow walk.  It was exactly what I needed.  My favorite part, though, was dressing myself and the kids in hats knitted by my grandma.  She gave these to me over 10 years ago, and I still love them.  Now the kids get to enjoy them, too!






No comments: