Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tie Dye!

Abbie attended and art camp last week at Bull City Craft.  She had a blast making all sorts of cool stuff including her own play-doh, colored rice, a painted paper lantern, and lots of drawings and paintings.  On the last day, each child got a Tshirt.  When I pulled it out to show Abbie, she was a bit disappointed because it was plain white with black lettering -- not exactly exciting to a 5 year old girl.  So, we decided to tie-dye it!  I actually wonder if this was the original intention of the camp folks anyway.

While the fabric was actually a little difficult to dye (it had some weird coating on the cotton that made it slow to absorb liquid), I think the end result was pretty great.  And since we were doing Abbie's, of course, we did one for everyone else in the family.  Tony and I used old white shirts we already had, and I got a new one for Jason.


The dye process:







The end result:




If you can't tell, the kids helps take these photos.  :)  Tony's shirt turned out really well, too, but he wasn't home to model it for us at the time of this posting.

No comments: