Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sunshine + Rest + Happy Kids = Happy Mommy

It's amazing how good a day can be when everything falls into place.  Nothing special has to happen; things just have to go "right".  And if they don't go right, having the right mindset to handle it makes all the difference.

I've had a lot of stressful days lately.  Many nights of interrupted or insufficient sleep, and stuff happening that sends my stress levels through the roof, have made me less than an awesome mom on several occasions.  But, on Tuesday, Tony offered me the opportunity to get a nap AND a good night's sleep, and I miraculously woke up on Wednesday feeling fantastic.  What followed was an awesome day.  I was happy, so the kids were happy (at least I hope that's how it worked, and that it wasn't a fluke!).  I was rested and more able to think clearly and handle the minor challenges of the day.  Luckily, nothing major happened, but if it had, I think it would have gone much better than on previous days.

So, lesson learned, create a magic spell that keeps your kids from waking you in the middle of the night due to nightmares, loneliness, or *eek* habit.  Get to bed early and get plenty of rest.  Start the day off with a song, a good workout, and a "no problem" attitude.  Oh, and throw in a good dose of conversation with friends.  Then, more than likely, things will go well.  And if they don't, well, at least you'll be better equipped to handle them.

Ok, so about that magic spell...

1 comment:

TAV said...

Oh I feel sooo much better after sleeping!!! I wish babies only came between 9 and 5 :)