JASON TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS! (insert Hallelujah Chorus here)
Similarly to Abbie's, it was about 3 steps and a crash, except his were super fast steps and hers were very timid and slow (no surprise here). We had a lot of fun getting Jason to walk (and crash) back and forth between me and Tony tonight. I couldn't be more excited! You see, Jason will be traveling up to Maryland with Tony in 3 weeks and I was so scared that he would take his first steps there and I'd miss them. I might have cried if that had happened. But, mostly I'm just so excited that we've entered the next chapter of Jason's life and that my arms might soon get a break for the forever-long static bicep curls they endure every day. I know it could take a while for him to get the "drunk" out of his walk (Abbie took about a month), but I'm just ecstatic that the process has finally begun!
Just a few hours before these awesome steps, I was telling another mom at Abbie gymnastics lessons about how Jason can climb like a pro and I just don't understand why he isn't walking yet. She commiserated as it sounded like her son was very similar to Jason. Jason must have heard me and wanted to prove me wrong tonight. But, before he did, he also proved that he can climb even more challenging things, like getting into his high chair on his own. Look at the proud little man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, Jason!!!
Post a Comment