Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Girls' Busy Week

While Tony and Jason were gone, Abbie and I were busy busy!  Lots of work and lots of play.  Here are the highlights...
SUNDAY:  Truly the coolest and longest day.  We bid Tony and Jason farewell, and not an hour later, Dad showed up to help me put together Tony's birthday surprise -- a shed.  Dad worked super hard.  Abbie and I supervised and assisted where we could.  We now have a lovely little shed, built on stone pavers, tucked into the back corner of our house in the side yard.  It houses all of our yard work stuff, so no more dirty grass clippings in our garage!  Woo!
guess you have to turn sideways to see this...


MONDAY:  Abbie and I ran lots of errands and hung out with our playgroup friends.  Abbie also had a new babysitter, Anays, Monday night while I went to choir.  She was super sweet.

TUESDAY:  Abbie went to school.  I officially became the Parent Rep for her class.  After the Parent Rep meeting, I tackled the garage, installing bike racks on the walls and clearing out junk we just don't need to save.  After school, we ran more errands, attempted to get Abbie to nap (FAIL!) and went to gymnastics.  By the end of gymnastics, Abbie was running a fever, so we took it easy and got her to bed early.


WEDNESDAY:  More errands (I think we went to Lowe's close to 10 times this week), outlet shopping, some lay-low time, and some house cleaning.  Oh, and another nap FAIL!

THURSDAY:  Abbie felt well enough to go to school, but refused to eat.  She was a little under the weather by the end of the school day, but after yet another nap FAIL, she was feeling good enough to go pick out gifts for our Operation Christmas Child shoebox, then we played at the playground with Ashley, Henry, Lila, Andrea, Tovia, and Ryah.  Abbie is completely in love with Henry and had the best time giggling with him.  You'd have never guessed she was feeling low earlier that day!  We had Little Ceasar's pizza for dinner (Abbie ate the crust off 1 piece), then played with the neighbors outside before bed.

FRIDAY:  We checked out another kids' museum, Kidzu, that has been on my list for a while.  I was hesitant to drag Jason all the way out there not knowing what to expect, and I'm glad I didn't.  It really wasn't that awesome.  The space was small, the baby space ridiculously miniscule, and the storytime was just plain dumb.  Abbie did have fun, but I was kind of bored.  It definitely wasn't worth the $10 I paid in admission fees.  After yet another nap FAIL, we went out for me to get my hair cut.  Abbie was fantastic there, and thank goodness, she fell asleep on the way home!  So, she slept 4-5pm, thankfully giving her enough rest to make it through a fun dinner with The Carothers.

SATURDAY: I went to spin class with Andrea (only workout of the week!), then we attended a Chick-Fil-A birthday party for Abbie's friend, Lily.  The boys got home safely and in time to go with us to the Gorski Halloween Party!
ready for the party

Abbie and I really had a fantastic week together.  There are still several fun things I did not get to do with her, like going swimming, painting on the easel, and decorating our driveway with sidewalk chalk.  But, I'm very thankful for the fun times we did have and the special bond we shared.  There was wonderful cuddling each morning in my bed and tons of silly giggles.  The flexibility and lack of major time constraints that came with it just being the two of us made for a great week and allowed us to do so much that we would not do on a normal basis.  As much as we missed the boys, I could definitely do this again sometime soon!


No comments: