Friday, May 25, 2012

out of control!

Whoever said having your kids 2 years apart is a good idea never had a 3 year old and a crawling biter at the same time.  OMG, I about lost it yesterday.  No, maybe I did lose it.  Abbie was pushing her limits to every extreme and trying my patience like it was her job.  Anything I asked her to do, she did not.  It seemed that the only way to get her to follow directions was to yell/speak terribly sternly or physically move her to where I needed her to be.  I hate feeling like that.  I don't want to get nasty with her, and I don't want that to be the only way to get her attention.  Yesterday, though, it was.  Trust me, I tried everything... sweet talking, making a game, being patient, bribery... Anything I could do while also trying to pacify my whiny Jason, whose life mission yesterday was to take a chunk out of my flesh.
So, 1pm arrived and I had had enough!  I made the best decision ever.  I took Abbie to the potty, then sent her to her room.  I told her it was quiet time and then she must take a nap, and she couldn't come out of her room until she had finished her nap.  Holy cow, it worked!  Stick that one in the pocket for later!
Jason, on the other hand, chose our one-on-one time as a good opportunity to sink his teeth into my shoulder muscle.  Holy crap!  The pain was about what I imagine a shark bite to be like (only localized to a small area, since his mouth is smaller).  I cried.  Then I braved our nursing session and put him to bed.  Phew!
The rest of the day wasn't quite as bad, although 5pm still seems to be a witching hour in our house.  Here's hoping today is better!

1 comment:

TAV said...

Yikes! I think 4.5 years is the optimal interval... but I'm not sure my eggs will agree...