This week, Abbie started preschool. She goes Tues/Thurs half-days and she LOVES it! She hasn't cried at all, and the "praise tree" outside her classroom says she used the potty both days and has been very kind and willing to share with other children. Her teachers are Kasi and Amy, who we talk about each day with excitement. She was so excited to go today that she tried to push past all of the other kids getting dropped off so she could get to her classroom. I stopped her for a quick kiss goodbye, and she was off to her room to play! When I picked her up on Tuesday, she did not even care that I was there (no hello or anything!) and headed off to explore the halls of the school. When I picked her up today, she did manage to say "Hi" and took my hand to go, but then decided she'd rather stay and plopped down on the sidewalk, refusing to leave! Ha!
Well, I can't blame her. School must be more fun than being home with a tired mommy and her new brother. And to tell the truth, I think I love her being in preschool just as much as she loves going! I managed to run errands both days, and I have great plans for going on walks and actually getting a peaceful shower in while she's at school in the future.
Jason is growing up, too -- like a weed! He had his one-month appointment with the pediatrician on Wednesday and is looking great. He has already grown about an inch and weighed in at a whopping 10lbs, 12oz. Now, I've been looking at him lately and feeling like he just didn't look small anymore, but I was completely surprised when the nurse told me his weight!
He was due a little over a week ago. Can you imagine how big he would have been as a newborn?? Not that it would have been a surprise. I knew he was big all along, and his daddy was 11.5lbs at birth (3 wks late), so a 10lb baby wouldn't have surprised me. But, it sure would have hurt worse!
Jason is in the 90th percentile for length, and the doc said he's probably actually longer, since she doesn't like to stretch babies out all the way to measure. So, it looks like he's going to be very opposite from my little Abbie. I wonder if he'll turn out to be as tall as his Grandpa...
| 4 weeks old |
| 5 weeks old (note enormous growth!!) |
1 comment:
Wow! That is a whopper baby! Glad you are having some more time to yourself... you deserve it!! :)
Post a Comment