Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Exhausted, but loving the kids

Two weekends ago, we had a little UR reunion with my favorite college roommate, Amanda, and her family.  Rob and Lawson also came over.  We all had dinner together and the kids played.  In true form, Abbie pulled her typical evening "naked baby" and ran around without clothes on for the last half-hour that everyone was there, but we did manage to get some cute pix with her clothes ON!
Caden, Abbie, and Lawson


The kids were having a blast!

Tony & Abbie, Amanda & Caden, Rob & Lawson, Me and Jason, MJ
By the end of week 5, I was really feeling the exhaustion and frustration with having a new baby and a toddler, neither of whom sleep well.  The lack of sleep has made me extra emotional -- quick with the tears, and not very good at holding back when little things frustrate me.  I've been reading some good books and recently spoke with a helpful doctor that have given me perspective on expectations and discipline for a 2-year-old, which is increasing my patience.  But, I still lack sleep, so everything is still subject to high emotions.  I have some wonderful friends, however, who gave me the better part of a day to myself while they took care of Abbie and Jason.  I used the time to run errands and take care of some necessities, and have lunch with Tony sans children. 

Last week Jason reached 6 weeks, and we began pulling out the 6-month size clothes!  Ack!  So, while Abbie still fits in her 24-month size pants from this spring (thank goodness), I found myself scrambling to cut tags and wash more new clothes for Jason to wear this week as we begin phasing out the newborn and 0-3 clothes that are too tight.
Since chunking up, I think Jason is starting to look a little more like Abbie.  Other folks have commented on the same thing, especially that they seem to have the same shaped nose and mouth.  They definitely have different shaped heads, though.  In these photos, it's hard to tell, but Jason is a few inches longer and weighs several pounds more!  See what you think:
Jason, 6 weeks old
Abbie, 6 weeks old

A few more cute ones...
Abbie, sporting a maternity bathing suit!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

We had sooo much fun and it was great to see you ALL! Come visit us anytime :)