Monday, January 10, 2011

Tony is a Super-Star Financial Advisor (and other great weekend happenings)

This weekend started with a bang.  Tony came home Friday with the results of his client satisfaction surveys, which were sent out in November.  He received an overall score of 98%!  As in, A+... super awesome!  Even in the sub-category breakdown, his scores were higher than the regional/state/natl averages.  Of course, I'm not the least bit surprised by this, but I'm extremely proud of him.  When people ask me what Tony does and how he works as a financial advisor, I always make a point to tell them that he goes out of his way to make sure that everything he does is in his client's best interest, without regard for how the payout might affect him.  He is conscientious almost to a fault, and treats his clients like family, for whom he takes the very best care.  I'm so glad that his clients recognize his hard work and are appreciative of the service he delivers.  He deserves every bit of the high praise he received!
Following, such great news, we finished off the night with food, friends, and board games.  As per usual, there were lots of laughs.  But, most importantly, the girls' team beat the guys' team in Taboo.   I'm not saying I was the strongest team member (Leigh Ann was really on her A-game), but the last round was essentially me against Tony, and I kicked his butt, 6-1!!  BOO-YAH
On Saturday, we attended our neighbor's son's 2nd birthday party, which was lots of fun.  Abbie played with the other kids and enjoyed exploring Josh's toys.  They had lunch, cupcakes (I ate Abbie's icing- is that so bad??) and opened presents.  Josh got some awesome toys.  It was pretty funny to see what a different world families with boys live in.  Most of the toys consisted of dump trucks and cars, neither of which we have in our house!
Saturday afternoon, my parents came over with Megan, after helping her move into her new apartment at Duke.  We hung out at the house while Abbie rested from her morning excitement, then headed out for an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  I was utterly amazed that we were going to have a 35-minute wait for a 4pm dinner-- the place was packed!  But, luckily, some miracle happened and we were seated quickly.  We enjoyed our food (I ate too much-- surprise!), then said our goodbyes.  A quick visit, but nice nonetheless.
Saturday night, we began our "sleep training" with Abbie, per her doctor's orders.  For last couple of months, she has been waking 3-5 times a night either whining for us or coming into our room.  After each waking, it takes her a good bit of time to settle back down, and often one of us ends up sleeping with her (it's not as bad now that she has a new mattress, but still annoying).  So, we prepared her on Saturday, telling her that she would sleep by herself, and it ended up taking 3.5 hours for her to finally fall asleep.  On Sunday morning, we were all so exhausted that we cuddled up in our bed and slept in until almost 9am.  Last night went much better, taking only 45 minutes, and we hope this trend continues.
Sunday was the most wonderful, relaxing day.  Late breakfast, hanging out watching movies, reading, and snuggling.  After so much excitement, we all needed that.  I even finished my book last night!  I really wish we could have more lazy days like that.  But alas, we are back to the grind of the regular week, keeping our fingers crossed that we will get a decent dump of snow this afternoon to play in.

1 comment:

TAV said...

Go, Tony!!! I am so proud of you! :)