Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year in Review

This year has flown by!  (I know, everyone says that, but I really mean it!)  I was trying to think back to where we were last January, and honestly could hardly remember.  It took serious effort to even remember that Abbie was just a tiny kid then, only 7 months old.  I look at pictures of her and think, "Geez, she was a funky-lookin' thing, big bald head, and all!", but remember that we thought she was the cutest thing ever at the time. 
January 2010

In the last 12 months, Abbie learned to crawl, walk, climb, and eat "real" food.  Her babble has turned into words, followed by phrases, alphabet and counting, sentences, and even reciting her favorite books.  She has taken a music class, which she loved, and has started gym classes, where she loves to do somersaults. 
some first steps

And, she has made friends whose faces she actually remembers and calls by name when she sees their pictures.  It's been truly amazing.
the kids' 1st birthday party: Abbie and Kaylee (Seraph not pictured)

This year, we also took a few lovely trips to the beach with friends and family. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure we traveled at least once every month this year (I'm SO done with that!).  One of those trips included visiting family and friends in California.  This was perhaps one of the best timed and important trips to see family, as three of those family members passed away in the months after our trip. 

The other most important trip this year was to Charlotte for my dad's 60th birthday (I really don't think he looks that old!).
"Happy 60th, Grandpa!"

In August, I got a semi-promotion from accompanist to director of the church youth choir I began working with last year.  We are making great progress with the quality of the group, even though the numbers remain small.

We've met lots of new people this year, forged new friendships, and renewed old ones.  I've also sadly found that it has become harder to socialize with many people we used to hang out with pre-baby/when i was working.  I miss those people, but understand how situations can change one's ability or desire to hang out with the same folks.
Abigail and Tovia hamming it up

In all, I think it has been a wonderful year, despite my inability to remember so much of it.   I hope that 2011 brings just as many, or more, adventures!

No comments: