Monday, March 29, 2010

New Shoes (and Laces)!

I finally broke down and bought Abigail her first pair of shoes last week. I have resisted, because I truly believe babies do not need shoes. And, I'm still a little on the fence as to whether or not she actually needs these. But, I got them anyway, because she will be crawling around a lot of new places the next two weeks (we're going to CA and MD), and she's very interested in standing up and practicing "walking". So, I guess if we go out to a park or playground, some extra protection on the feet would be a good idea.

Well, let me tell you, there must be a million different designs for little baby shoes. And most of them are brightly colored, some with ice cream cones or butterflies or bears, among other things, on them. Which is cute and all, but I had a hard time seeing how they would match her clothes, or at least more than one outfit. So, I went on a mission to find some plain old white shoes. HAHAHA. It's almost impossible! I searched online first, then had to go to 5 different stores before I finally found some. Lucky for me, Belk had some very basic (still cute), plain white leather Mary Janes in the right size! Abbie seems to have small feet, as she can still fit size 2s, and the 3s are quite roomy. I got 3s anyway, because these things are NOT cheap, and I don't intend to buy her another pair until she's walking very well!

In addition to Abbie's new shoes, I decided to try out some elastic laces for my own sneakers. I seem to always have issues with feeling comfortable in lace-up shoes, and have to re-tie them 2-4 times before I am finally comfortable. I thought maybe some elastic laces would do the trick, and so far, I LOVE them!! I seriously think I have claustrophobic feet (I love flip-flops and generally hate all closed shoes), but the elastic laces allowed my shoes to stretch with me as I moved, and I didn't have to adjust them at all today while working out. I hope this is going to be a permanent solution to appeasing my finicky feet!

1 comment:

TAV said...

now she has two shoes!!! :) it was so good to see you guys! let me know how you "approve" of kelvin :)