Don't be fooled by the title... this "pasta" dish can be easily made into a super healthy, filling meal! I know lots of folks are on various diets right now, and I think this recipe is one that can be altered to fit whatever you are trying to accomplish... unless your diet consists of eating lots of bacon and steak, in which case, this is NOT the meal for you!
Ingredients
1/2 lb rotini
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, tinly sliced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 (7oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
1 (14oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rotini and cook according to package directions; drain.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over meduim-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 6-7 minutes.
Remove the chicken and add the remaining 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet, along with the garlic and oregano; cook 30 seconds. Add the roasted peppers, artichoke hearts and tomatoes; cook until the tomatoes start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and the reserved chicken and cook a little longer. Transfer to a large bowl and add the pasta, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Toss well. Serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving (based on ingredients above): 501 calories, 13g fat, 55mg Carbohydrate; 3 g Fiber; 39g Protein.
My alterations...
I used gemelli instead of rotini, and put much less of it into the dish. I used a LOT of chicken. I used grape tomatoes instead of the cherry variety. I added spinach around the time I added the tomatoes, and I topped the dish with extra salt and pepper for more kick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment