For example, the other day I was standing outside Panera Bread in the mall and a lady walked up and peered into my stroller. She smiled and said, "Everybody loves to look at babies", to which I replied "I know!" and smiled back. I was even excited when she recognized that Abigail was a girl. But then, right before she walked off, she said "You CLEARLY feed her well!"
Thank goodness she left! I mean, how am I supposed to respond to that? "Actually, ma'am, she is breastfed and decides for herself how much she wants to eat." OR "For your information, she is exactly proportional for height and weight according to the baby growth chart." OR "Clearly you feed YOURSELF well, ma'am!" Complimenting a child on her baby chub in a cute way is one thing, but somehow this comment just rubbed me the wrong way.
So, here are some pictures of my ADORABLE, perfectly-proportioned baby playing at home yesterday:
3 comments:
I know how you feel. Jackson was over 10lbs when he was born and we constantly got comments. Most of the time they seemed well-intentioned but others were almost accusatory. She's gorgeous and perfect!
Hey! I love your last few posts! (I finally got pictures of the house up on my blog!) I think Abbie is perfect and babies are supposed to be chubby!! It means she is healthy! Especially considering she was a premie, I think it is something to be proud of! I love the video of her in the pool, she is staying true to her froggie nature! :)
I really want to come down and visit soon. I am going to call you to find a time! Love!
Laura- your post reminded me of my friend Wendi with her posts about the rude comments people make about her height. I can't believe some people say the things they do. Abbie is perfect and you are perfect the way you are! Miss you! I also love the video of her "swimming" :)
Post a Comment