Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tony goes to Middle School

This weekend, Tony braved quite an experience... a middle school field trip! Not sure how I convinced him to go, but Tony did agree to join me and my middle school chorus on our trip to Asheville, NC. They were invited to perform at the Biltmore Estate during the Candlelight Tours, so we went up for a day of touring on Sunday, performed Sunday night, and came back on Monday. And, Tony survived! I think we wiped him out, but he was a great help on the trip and maybe even had a good time. :)
Here we are in front of the amazing Biltmore House

The kids (and parents) also had a good time playing old-time games out by the barn.



I think the biggest thing the kids learned was how grueling a day in the life of a performer can be... traveling and touring all day, performing all night. And maybe the best thing Tony learned is that his wife really IS a strong disciplinarian. He got to watch me whip those kids into order at night and changed his less-than-confident opinion of my abilities. :)

So, now we're in whirlwind week. The only reason I have time to post tonight is because I was unable to log onto my work site to finish my work tonight. It'll have to wait till tomorrow.
On tap this week: All-State rehearsals begin tomorrow, Concert Thursday, crazy class schedule Friday, last-ditch London Rehearsals Friday, laundry and packing for a week in MD and a week in London, baking holiday gifts for friends and neighbors, and we both have to get haircuts sometime this week! OH MY GOSH... three days to do all this! I better get off the blog...

1 comment:

TAV said...

Wow- London??!?!