Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wilmington Triathalon

Team Ameriprise is at it again... well, most of the team! Tony, Jason, Cindy, Dana, Todd, Amy, and Tana all competed in the Wilmington Sprint Triathalon last weekend. Everyone did a great job! I was a little jealous watching everyone, and got inspired to run on Sunday when we got home. I ran this morning, too. It would be awesome if I could get it together to compete like the rest of them. They are amazing folks!
I took a gazillion pictures, but will try to narrow it down a little here. Don't want to leave anyone out, though! Sorry, these pix are as great as Dominic's with his "TMZ" telephoto lense!

This is the guy that won. He came out of the water WAY before everyone.

Jason, running from the water, already in great standing.

Todd takes off on the bike leg of the race.
Look closely: Tony is running in from the right. Poor thing had to run barefoot on his tender, flat feet! I wish I had known he could have shoes at the water exit!
Cindy, all smiles, coming into the transition area.

Tony races into the transition area.


"De-BERT" as the announcer called him, and miss Ava, watching the finishers.

Second in the group to finish is Todd. (Everyone had staggered start times, so the following pictures really have nothing to do with their actual race times.)

Amy finishes strong!

Tana, another strong finish.

I would have put in a picture of Dana, too, but she ran SO FAST across the finish line that my shutter simply could not keep up and I ended up with a picture of the finish line, sans Dana!

Check out Dom, the official race papparazo. (sp?)

I think this has become Tony's official post-race pose!

Some of the racers, and some midgets...

After lunch with everyone, we headed back to Judy's house to hang out with her, Mumsie, William and Angelo. The boys played pool and basketball, and Angelo tried to get Tony to prove himself on the Wii Fit. We also took a little trip over to see Sara's place and meet her roommates.

Judy treated us to ribs for dinner and took great care of us for the weekend. The drive home in the dark was a little rough, but overall it was a great weekend. And, I think we're finally done with this string of out-of-town trips for a few weeks! We're not going to know what to do with ourselves... Oh, that's right... we have something planned every weekend in town. Ugh! At least there'll be something to write about. :)

No comments: