Speaking of Jason, he is now taking his first soccer class. I decided to forgo the rec league and sign him up for classes at the indoor soccer complex close to our house. I found that the rec leagues did very little to teach the kids about technique and rules of the game, and threw them out on the field and into a game after very little practice. Jason is having fun in his class, and there is no "that parent" sideline coaching going on, which I love.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Sporting news
Abbie has been working hard this year in her swim lessons. Her goal has been to join a swim team. I held off last summer for fear of pushing her too fast and losing her love of swimming. But I'm excited that we have signed her up for the Parkwood Pirhanas summer swim team this year! She has most recently been working on diving both off the side and off the starting block. I didn't catch the best dive at her last lesson, but here's a little sampling of her accomplishments in the past few weeks:
I love how Jason is there "helping" by pushing Abbie into the pool in this last one.
Speaking of Jason, he is now taking his first soccer class. I decided to forgo the rec league and sign him up for classes at the indoor soccer complex close to our house. I found that the rec leagues did very little to teach the kids about technique and rules of the game, and threw them out on the field and into a game after very little practice. Jason is having fun in his class, and there is no "that parent" sideline coaching going on, which I love.
Speaking of Jason, he is now taking his first soccer class. I decided to forgo the rec league and sign him up for classes at the indoor soccer complex close to our house. I found that the rec leagues did very little to teach the kids about technique and rules of the game, and threw them out on the field and into a game after very little practice. Jason is having fun in his class, and there is no "that parent" sideline coaching going on, which I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment