Wednesday, May 18, 2011
This baby is kickin'!
I am now quite sure that this baby is going to throw me for a loop! He is WAY more active than Abigail was in utero. She used to give me little gymnastics routines around 3am, and the occasional kick session post-dinner. This one, however, kicks almost all the time! I'm guessing this means I will be running ragged by the time he can roll, crawl, and heaven-forbid-- walk!
Meanwhile, I'm also experiencing more Braxton-Hicks contractions lately. Luckily, since I had so many real contractions early on with Abbie, I now know what to look out for, and am better able to distinguish that which is OK and that which I should worry about. So far, no worrisome contractions! Hopefully, that means the weekly progesterone shots are working.
To be honest, though, I think what they say about 2nd pregnancies is true. You really don't have much time to think about it. I'm so busy with Abbie that I spend way less time counting the weeks (I actually have to check my calendar periodically to know what week I'm in), and I've done a whole lot less imagining of what life will be like with two. I haven't even begun to truly acclimate myself to the idea that there will be a boy in this house in a few months. Sometimes I completely forget! It's going to be interesting!
-------------------------------------------------
Me and my big mouth... apparently I spoke too soon. I had my first real contraction last night. It shook me out of my sleep and lasted a good 30 seconds. No idea if there were any smaller ones before that, because I was having pretty vivid dreams, but this one was no joke. Hopefully, it's not a sign of problems to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment