Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hallelujah

Just when I thought I had given up on crib shopping... WE GOT A CRIB! Who would have predicted that?
After posting this afternoon, I checked my email and had a nice note from my grandma about how they had purchased unfinished furniture for my uncle when he was born. And, I'm not sure why, but it got me thinking that maybe there were other places to look. I remembered that Tara's friend, Wendi, is getting ready to have a baby and thought maybe she might have some suggestions posted on her blog. So, I went there and just happened to read about how she had gotten a stroller or something off of Craig's list. Well, lo and behold, I found a perfect crib and dresser set on Craig's list tonight!
The set is very similar to the styles that Tony and I have been looking at, and they were asking for half the price. I dragged Tony out to Holly Springs tonight to look at it, and thank goodness we did! They had just posted the add today, and while we were there, they received two calls from other folks interested in the set. Lucky for us, we got there first and loved it, so we paid and took home the crib tonight. The dresser will be coming on Wednesday (it wouldn't fit in the car with the dresser).
Here are a couple of pictures of the crib. You might notice that we laid out a blanket with tin foil attached to it in place of a mattress. This was suggested to us to teach our very curious cats that the crib is not a place for them to sleep. The plan is to keep deterrents on the crib until close to my due date so that the cats form other habits between now and then.
As you can see, Chrissy is already checking it out!
I am just so relieved to have this part of the baby shopping done. I think everything else will fall into place much better now that we have the furniture taken care of. I realize it is probably a little early to have the actual pieces, but here I was thinking that we were going to have to order and wait and everything. Thank goodness we don't have to! A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders now!

1 comment:

TAV said...

i'm so glad you found a crib!
i want to know the gender when you find out!!!