Monday, November 17, 2008

lack of posting

I suppose that some of you may be wondering when I'm going to post again... it's been a while. I figured I'd let the big news settle in for a bit... then things got crazy and I just haven't had time. I've been feeling rather decent up until this past weekend. It really caught up with me then.
Last Saturday, I took my students to NC Honors Chorus in Winston-Salem. I was really excited to have 10 students go! They were selected by audition, and we ended up with 7 middle schoolers and 3 high schoolers selected. But, it was a bit of an ordeal to keep up with everyone! By Sunday evening when they left, I was exhausted. Sunday night, I went out to dinner with our usual group (mainly Chorus teachers from Wake County), and we celebrated Marshall's birthday, among other things. I ended up staying up pretty late chatting with Meredith and Megan, and finally got to bed around midnight.
Monday, after being at Conference all day, I went to bed at 6:30pm and didn't get up again until 6:30am on Tuesday. Seriously! Who knew being pregnant could take so much out of you??
Well, the week remained hectic, as I drove straight from Conference on Tuesday afternoon back to school for Oliver! dress rehearsal. Wednesday night was our final dress rehearsal, lasting until 10pm, and we opened the show on Thursday. Each night, things got better, and by Saturday's rehearsal, the kids had a truly fabulous show. I was very proud of them. Unfortunately, this meant that I did not get to bed until almost midnight every night. So, this weekend, I spent a lot of time in bed or napping on the couch.
It's 2am now, and I'm up with a sore throat, hoping that I haven't developed anything more than a common cold. We'll see how things progress.
So, I know this isn't the update people had been hoping for, but at least an explanation for why I haven't posted! I've got more baby stuff in the bag and will try to find time to post in the next week or so.

1 comment:

TAV said...

hey! dr's orders-- take care of you and your munchkin(s-- tony included :)). thanks for calling this wknd... sounds like you had an exhausting few days and i wouldn't have been able to catch you if i tried. as far as dr's costs... you can be sure we residents aren't making anything from it! i earn like &7 an hour! :)